The damp coastal climate of the Pacific Northwest can result in a serious moisture problem for some buildings. If a building’s exterior cladding fails, moisture can seep into the walls, creating damp interior spaces that encourage mould growth and can lead to health problems and loss of structural integrity. The problem is a major financial and health concern to owners and residents of affected buildings.
Exposure to damp and mouldy environments can lead to a variety of health problems. Though mould can cause problems for all individuals, it can be especially harmful to those with mould allergies, causing nasal stuffiness, throat irritation, coughing or wheezing, eye irritation and skin irritation. There has been significant evidence linking indoor mould exposure to upper respiratory tract symptoms in otherwise healthy people. If you believe you may have a mould issue in your living space, Rockridge Industrial Services can complete an assessment of the area and figure out the best plan of action.
To speak with one of our specialists, contact our office. We will be happy to discuss your problems and recommend solutions.